For months Myst has been pooping everywhere-
and not just the floor.
I took her to the vet and was told it was Inflammatory Bowel disease
( not to be confused with irritable bowel disease)
Apparently she had some pain when using the litterbox
and now associates it with the pain and refuses to use it.
ya well, she wont use ANY litterbox to poop.
..... ok she does but you never know when.
last night on the floor to be stepped in,
this morning in the box -_-
ugh. I dont understand.
I swear it is some sort of dementia because she also
isnt herself for things like maintenance coming in -
I find her just laying on the bed instead of hiding.
She is on "Prednisolone 5mg"
( not prednisone)
to calm any inflammation. I think it has helped with her
allergies too - unless its because I purchased dust-free litter.
Maybe arthritis? But the meds should help with that too I
think.
i dunno, and the thought of vacationing with her is
now looking not so fun either.... searching for poops
in a big house does not appeal to me, what if she does it
on the bed?? Wah! I am going to have to bring towels
Here is a good article about litter and boxes=
https://catinfo.org/the-litter-box-from-your-cats-point-of-view/
3 comments:
Oh no! Purrs (from Riley, Sam, Katy, and Meowy) and Prayers (from me) are being sent your way!
There are some articles about this type of thing. Does she pee in the box?
Probably not dementia. Too may cats have sone this occasionally and it was always associated with a physical problem. It's been pain...the touch of the litter to their paws...litterbox maintenance...where it is..all that sorta stuff.
Post a Comment