Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Three Alarm Fire

Last night I was awakened ( once again ) by a building alarm nearby
 going off and firetruck sirens.
Since firetruck sirens are a multi-daily occurrence
here I tried to go back to sleep.
Well, I awoke to emails and phone calls asking if I was ok and read the news.
There was a large electrical explosion that spread to other electrical
rooms on multiple floors in a nearby building.
What I found out is that the smoke caused massive sprinkler damage and
the power is out for over a hundred units.
Many elderly and handicapped people.
Apparently it was total chaos.
The elevators and stairwells were flooding, smoke, darkness,
and the deafening alarm.
Today there are still countless officials here, firetrucks,ambulance,
and cleanup company trucks.
One thing I have learned from fires here-
The water from sprinklers and firehoses are what are going to damage your
place the most.
Put your important papers somewhere with this in mind.

2 comments:

GreatGranny said...

I'm glad you and your furbaby are OK.

Katie Isabella said...

So glad you are alright. Is Myst sick? I saw that badge.