Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 4th

Last night I went with my anam cara to watch fireworks on the beach.
I have never done that before- it was neat !
Someone was letting a stream of beautiful Chinese lanterns drift by also.
It was amazing to watch them become tiny dots of light far away...
I had never seen that before either !
There were a bazillion people on the beach and it seemed like every house
had a party going on- wow, the neighborhood was hopping.
But, no crazy loud music blasting.
This morning my eyes were totally bloodshot and swollen
probably from smoke.
News just said 100,000 or more were watching the show.
Tonight I will watch more fireworks from my window as usual.
The temps here are high, but the wind is blowing, making it feel
more like California - nice !
Later Tater

1 comment:

CAROLDEE said...

Spent my fourth indoors..heard them but didn't see any. Haven't been to a real outdoor show in several years. So hot here and humid..just does me no good to go out in it. Be back when I get on line next..