Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hard to post after that last entry, but we are thrust forward.

Yesterday I brought my mother to meet up with my sister for lunch.
My sister gave me some night cream and almond soap.
She enjoys giving little gifts, and I can understand,
it is fun to receive things that say they are thinking of you.
After lunch we went to her falling down house so I could
remove a couple items of mine from her basement to donate.
Her home is a physical expression of her mental state-
and my heart is still aching today from the sight.
I could barely make my way in the kitchen door or to the basement.
Growing up I viewed her as the strong one because she would
speak up to parents, and she was fun- always taking me on a road trip.
But I also sided with my parents in viewing her as some sort of
'black sheep'....
I found out last month she had been sexually assaulted at age three by
neighborhood boys.
I fear she has lost her teaching job because of dirty school politics
and bullying by other teachers.
She was so very happy at the start of the year.

It is a wonder my sisters and I are still alive.
I usually don't ask why we were dealt the abusive parents card
but today I just feel the pain.

2 comments:

Sultan said...

The world is very unfair and often the scars we get when we are little never fade.

Sending you good thoughts.

Katie Isabella said...

I agree with Loach. That is too true.