I lost my first best kitty friend to kidney failure and swore I would care better for my Myst. I was surprised at how she "suddenly" turned 5 this year and figured I better get on the ball to find her the best quality food for the best price.
I found an amazing chart for phosphorus content of canned foods- nonprescription and prescription, and dry.
The charts are lower part of pages.
Canned=
http://www.felinecrf.org/canned_food_usa.htm#canned_usa
Dry=
http://www.felinecrf.org/dry_food_usa.htm#dry_usa
a VERY helpful site=
http://felinecrf.org/site_overview.htm
7 comments:
my sister's dog has cancer, and her vet said that they use worst kind of meat to make dog and cat's food--meat that fda won't pass for human consumption. that's why in recent years there is a sharp increase in pets' cancer rate. it's really upsetting. ... thanks for the links. i'll have to take a look and see what i'm feeding my cats.
Having lost our favorite cat to feline lymphoma, I know how important this is. Great research and great links.
I recently switched Tess to Hill's Science Diet Nature's Best Chicken & Brown Rice because she had been on a prescription diet that Misha had to be on and now that I don't have Misha, I didn't need the prescription food anymore. The new food is a bit pricey but worth it, I think. Chicken by-product is not the first-listed ingredient, which I was surprised to find on many foods, including other Science Diet. Tess likes the new food just fine, but she also just loves eating in general. :)
I've been making my own cat food recently which is tiring but worthy I think.
wow Laoch I would love to know the recipe.
I wonder if I would have the dedication to doing that.
I basically use a slight variation of the info found in these links:
http://www.catinfo.org/?link=makingcatfood
Thanks for the info..put it on faves so I can read later. I don't feed Kassey canned tuna because of the salt.
Post a Comment