Saturday, June 25, 2011

My Friend

His name was Bob Bowers.
Our first contact was in our Space blogs...
His first comment...
Bob says:
Hi Jade!!  Thanks for the visit and the comment!!  Great Space!!!!!!  I can\’t see crap without my glasses.  I had throat cancer 20 something years ago and lost my vocal chords but I\’ve learned to talk without them .  I really want to keep my sight.
  I\’ll visit again soon!   Bob~

After that we became great friends.
We would have webcam chats and watch tv 'together' or have a drink together.
It was a regular thing and it made us happy.
We shared private problems we were having and the goodtimes.
He would pick up his doggies for the camera and I took pictures.
Pictures....
Pictures.... pictures that I cannot find. I have scoured the computer and backup drive. My Bob is gone and I dont have those silly laughing pictures of him holding his doggies up to the cam. Or the one with the big grin holding up a drink as we toasted another birthday.
I found the chat logs but the photos are gone,
and so is the Original.
So, I have to be satisfied with photos taken from others later on...


































I cannot believe you are gone.........
http://vimeo.com/27611425

7 comments:

GreatGranny said...

I am collecting photos to from others...I love the baby photo, so cute.

Leigh said...

What a heartbreak! Computers are so weird, I hope they still show up. Sounds like a really special guy. I'm so sorry. I know it leaves a hole in your heart.

GreatGranny said...

Just coming by. I didn't recall whether I left a comment or not.

GreatGranny said...

Just saying hello. I'm hoping for an obituary, haven't found one.

Anonymous said...

I know.. I can't believe he's gone.. I didn't get any pics from our chats!! Bummer! I'm glad Becky put his fourth of july pic up! I can't imagine how lost she feels right now. Let me know if anyone finds an obituary..
hugs,
Jean

Seeking Serenity said...

Here is the funeral home memorial page-
.
http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Robert-Bowers&lc=0427&pid=152310383&mid=4729223&locale=en_US

GreatGranny said...

Thank you, Jade for this. I missed it before. I still can't believe it.