Strange how a parent in the hospital will cause siblings
to come out of the woodwork.
My father who is ninety is in the hospital due to sepsis
from ecoli, most likely from dirty catheter.
My sisters rally together madly texting,
and I got a call from my brother I haven't spoken to
in years!
I love that guy..
I visted my father with my bf today,
he was pretty confused and spoke about wanting to get
the yard work and garden done (sigh)
they said he was wanting to get out of bed last
night and take his car somewhere .
Hugging his small body and putting my forhead to his
alot and exchanging kisses was..... well,
a connection between two old souls.
The one thing he said before we left hit my heart hard...
" Give your mother a hug from me,
can she come see me?
I haven't seen her in years "
oh lord....
he left her in the eighties
and she doesnt know who my father is....
4 comments:
Oh my how hard on you to hear and see him that way. My mother didn't even KNOW me when she was septic and was completely a different person altogether.I am glad there are certain moments of clarity there for him. I hope he gets stronger soon. Yes I think that illness draws in the family members who feel guilty in a way that they have not paid more attention. I certainly was true of MY family. Take care of you..
Some things are good to forget...others, heartbreaking.
How hard. Heartbreaking and just makes you feel as though you're drowning in sorrow.
Was he in a nursing home with the catheter?
Post a Comment