Monday, January 5, 2015

Stroke

an older friend came up and sat down with mother and i last wednesday.
He said he thought someone slipped something in his drink the night before.
he felt rotten, could barely speak as his speach was slurred like he was drunk.
I told him it sounded like a stroke and had him smile and stick his
tongue left and right. he passed this and was still insistant about the
joke someone must have played on him with his drink.
His daughter finally brought him to the hospital thursday
after he fought her and all his friends insisting he go.
his symptoms were getting worse and by thursday he couldnt
lift his right arm or leg .
I can understand denial, but thank goodness for friends and
family to give you the help you really need.
He will be in rehab tomorrow.
I am going to squeeze the stuffing out of him when i see him next.

1 comment:

Katie Isabella said...

Thank God. That was very very close.