When i was born my home town's population was 2,300.
My family moved from ohio and rented a farm house on 110 acres of mostly woodland.
The main farm house was not too far away and I recall the woman was very nice to me.
I remember she once brought me on a walk in the woods and pointed out
tiny plants and named them.
She made me feel special and loved for the first time.
Behind it was tens of thousands of watercompany and private property.
Beautiful scented cedars, grasses and waterfalls led to a reservoir way behind the house.
Plenty of blackberries to eat and apples from very old trees.
Many of the roads were still dirt and there was two gas stations and one blinking street light for the church.
When i was five or six we moved into a house nearby.
The road was half dirt and uninhabited but for five houses and an observatory.
It had hundreds acres of water company and private woodland behind it.
Such amazing land to explore and commune with.
When I was ten I got to move upstairs to my brother's huge bedroom.
My bed right next to the window, I can still smell the screen as I rested my chin
gazing at the moon, smelling the night air....
When I was older, I would slide out another high window
and shimmy down a cedar to run silently into the night.
What a magical time I was blessed with.
4 comments:
It is a time many of us are blessed to recall and enjoy. I have a few too and I loved reading yours.
Sounds like the perfect place to grow up.
Sounds like the perfect place to grow up.
So descriptive... I feel as though I'm there too.
Post a Comment