I have always been a modifier in one way or another.
As a kid I took apart a rotary phone and put the parts on a
wooden box top.
Or my first PC went right into the basement to cut a hole in the
case to install a lighted fan.
But some things I didn't think could be- like a stupid doll.
I thought they were made to just stare off into space.
Oooo, but now I find you dont have to settle with what the store
gives you. You can rebuild it -( enter evil laugh ).
I have been doing it with my resin doll faces
and then I saw a video featuring modifying a porcelain doll.
Eh? You mean those old fashioned dolls dont have to stare off
into space either??!
Sooo, I bought for $ 4 a porcelain doll.
And started on my way.
First I removed the wig, then put the head in hot water to remove eyes.
Acetone removed the face paint except for the eyebrows which had
been baked on. I found some nice natural looking eyes too.
I like the look on the left- I can see painting freckles and making it a boy.
Next I will remove the stuffing from the body and install frame work
so that it can stand and pose freely.
The body 'armature' will look like this.


1 comment:
I think you might like this piece in the Atlantic
http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2013/06/fix-things-never-force-it-lessons-from-grandpa/276873/
Post a Comment