Friday, March 8, 2013

Testing My Feline

Food "intolerance" as they call it.
Where food causes vomiting and or diarrhea.
Yes, I am still experimenting with Myst.
My conclusion so far is that I think she has developed an intolerance to chicken(?)
Prescription I/D canned food mixed with Fancy feast grilled chicken stays in her stomach.
Any natural grain free food that has chicken comes up immediately.
Even when mixed with the FF.
Two foods that work so far are-
Wellness Core beef venison lamb.
Wellness Core turkey & duck.
Mixed with fancy feast to make her eat it.
Yes, the FF is chicken but she tolerates it and it will stimulate her to eat anything !
Finding chicken free food is difficult and costly
but costs less than the prescription food.



2 comments:

CAROLDEE said...

Poor thing... I do hope she can get things settled so she can enjoy herself. Our cat here is very finnicky she won't eat hardly any foods except chicken and tuna. Good luck with her.

Sultan said...

My cats really like the seafood versions of fancy feast.

Also maybe some cat treats? They tend to have higher protein content so when one of my cats was on a hunger strike and trying to starve herself, that was the only thing she would eat for a time.