Thursday, March 28, 2013

More Ignorance

Walking mother around yesterday for socialization for both of us
we sat next to a guy that she recognizes.
He is one of two here she remembers.
Keep in mind this is not an old man.
He proceeded to bad mouth every type of person-
calling them by what I think of as long dead (or should be)
bigoted names.
From the Japanese, Puerto Rican's (anyone who speaks spanish),
Chinese, even women!
I tried to speak about something "intelligent" like the space station
and he bad mouthed that too.
At one point I said that his thinking was old fashioned as he went on about
how the "Japs came here first"...
I was trying to point out his ignorance politely...
but what ran through my mind was
'are you some sort of white supremacist? Wow you are quite a bigot,
 how can you go to church and think this way?
Prejudiced jerk "
...But I said nothing more.

It makes me sad to think that I am surrounded by this type of mindset.
That the mindset of most people still has not changed and ignorance
still prevails-
I can see that by who people elect and what they vote for.
It is very difficult for me....



3 comments:

Sultan said...

At this stage of my life I try and find like minded people of good will and let the rest alone as I accept on some level that I can not fix them.

GoFaster said...

What Loach said.

Leigh said...

Actually, he sounds mentally ill.