Yesterday mother and I were in the great room here watching
people play a beanbag toss game.
The person over seeing the competition was a very large man who has a big voice.
Lots of handicapped and elderly play with various maladies.
Anyways the man asked if anyone would like to play and a new man
I didn't recognize went over and said he would like to.
He spoke with a Russian(?) accent.
As he played, his 'handicap' became apparent.
He would bark like a dog.
I chuckled inside because he looked just like Jack Nicholson with the big black
glasses and mussy grey hair, barking when he scored.
He had turrets, and he was good!
Well, the game ended and all of a sudden the big man was yelling loudly at
the other.
Accusing him of insulting him & a woman and telling him to never come back!!!
The newcomer remained calm, repeatedly saying he meant nothing personal.
The guy had no idea what he was being accused of!
I couldn't help but to say to the big man that the other couldn't help himself
that it was like a 'tic'.
To which he angrily replied the man was going "rawr-rawr-rawr"
every time he or the woman said something.
His anger and reaction of shutting his eyes and turning angrily away from me
was shocking.
I got the heck out of there wishing I hadn't gotten involved and thinking to myself
you just don't know people from their outward appearance.
Totally ignorant.
It was frightening for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment