Well, I saw it is serious.
They say we haven't had a flood risk like this since 1938.
Long Island sound is going to be going through
a few high tides and a full moon.
This state never fully recovered from the last hurricane
and the water levels from this one are going to be worse.
Flooding is already happening and it isn't even near us!
I prepared a box of provisions last summer.
A "Bug-In" box.
One thing I never got around to was getting my camping stove
ready since I thought I would bring it elsewhere incase of
oh I dunno, fire.
Well, after filling every bottle and container I could find
with water.
I decided I better get the stove going.
So I put it in my sink, got the pressure up by filling and lighting
the primer cup, waited, and turned the knob...
YAY! This thing hasn't been used since oh, the sixties?
Unfortunately, my father drank his two cases of Boost in a day
and has no soda.
He thinks I am going to run to the store right now and buy some!
Uh, NO.
2 comments:
Wow, impressive the stove works! We've thought about getting one but just haven't yet.
Lol at your dad drinking all of his drinks in one day.
Neat..I haven't seen one of those in AGES..ha..didn't lose power did ya?? I think I saw that on your FB page..anyway..so glad you guys weathered that okay..I hear some nasty coming again soon..it never ends..
Post a Comment