Monday, September 3, 2012

Eye Update

Well,
I went to a Uveitis specialist .
I thought this would be great since I cannot see much
 out of left eye especially in the center.
Unfortunately he has seen tons of patients who are
worse off than I, I guess.
Because after being seen by an intern, he looked at what she wrote
and saw me for 5 min.
Also, he was hacking and snorting from a cold.
Yuck!!
He told me I had a cataract and was surprised when I said
 "WHAT! that wasn't there two weeks ago".
His reply was "Oh, they can be removed these days"
 (!)
I pointed out I cannot see out of the center of my eye
 & everything is blurry.
He tried to blame it on the dilator drops -
at which I covered over the bad eye and said
that even with those drops I can see fine out of my right eye.
Anyways, I am not going back.
He just talked about telling my Reumatologist  to put me on
Methotrexate  which I have been on before.
Made me very sick and lost my hair.
And a different DMARD  then what I am on.
I already knew these things from the internet.
All that I can say
is that at night, my "good" eye aches.
I hope it is just fatigued from use, but if I get this in both eyes
I'm, well, fucked and will have to hire someone to help
quickly.
And that would be a whole new strange life !






1 comment:

E. McPan said...

Eek, can you even read this? :)

Hope your eye gets better soon - this sounds terrible.