Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Observations

When on that outing on Sunday we set up our chairs on a tiny patch of sand at the water's edge. Behind us was a picnic area. I heard a family arrive and expected them to be American and all the bullcrap that comes with that...
But there was no blaring music...
No screaming children... but they were there...
No loud raucous laughter & loud talking....but it was a big family...
No barking, sniffing, loose dog.... but they had a dog...

I expected the children to come in the water infront of us,
since it was the only access and it was hot.
I expected them to come into our 'space'.
I expected to hear the snuffling of a loose dog behind me, or barking-it was a terrier after all. Or parents yelling at the kids.
There was none of this.

After all, they were not American.


The only time there was a commotion is when the men caught a huge striped bass. I couldn't understand the (Russian?), but I was very happy for them-felt like they had been blessed.

2 comments:

Admiral Hestorb said...

Hope it's a good day for you.

Admiral Hestorb said...

I never saw the toes till you pointed them out!