Thursday, March 3, 2011

Friends

For a couple of years I have meant to get together with two dear friends for my birthday. Unfortunately the days and weeks would slip by with storms or other blocks. Yesterday we finally met for lunch. It was such a precious time for me. They even had 50th B-day cards and a present of a heart-shaped glass box with a dragonfly on it, photo below...
I had forgotten what a blessing girlfriends are.
Especially ones I have known over 30 years...


****************************************************

Maintenance was just here-yay!
I got new lightbulbs & fixture cover in my bathroom medicine cabinet! I didn't know they did stuff like that for free. It is blindingly bright in there now.
They did alot at my mom's too- AND the guy screwed closed my mother's fuse box-yay!

3 comments:

manders said...

i know what that's like - i never realize how much time has slipped by between visits with friends. guess it just happens. but how lucky we are to have such great lifelong friends!

Haphazardkat said...

Friends seem to mean much more to me now in my 40's then they did when I was young==er.
Did I miss your big birthday????
*hugssss to you*

Seeking Serenity said...

HK- no you commented :)
it was in January