Monday, February 7, 2011

Dentist

When I was a kid I had all of my cavities drilled to the nerve
 without Novocaine.
Being obedient I never said a thing, just held on.
I had a cavity filled a few years ago but the ordeal was still painful..
I made a commitment on my 50th to take care of my teeth.
I chose the most up to date place I could find.
Wow, what a difference a modern dentist can make!
Even the novocaine needle was so fine I didn't feel it!!
He didn't over numb me so I wasn't a blathering idiot either.
I actually am looking forward to going back after I had a crown done.
Damn, kids these days are SO lucky!!
Oh, and when I had a cleaning they didn't scrape and chisel the tarter off
making you bleed & stabbing you- they blasted it off with sonic water jet!
Amazing.

3 comments:

Ramblingon said...

I am SO glad. I was traumatized by the dentist too. Know what you went thru.

Leigh said...

Good grief. It was the same way for me. I still have problems with the dentist and even the pressure of the drill (after Novocaine) evokes pain.

Haphazardkat said...

I'm very VERY happy you found a good Dentist! I've taken my son to a special Dentist from the beginning. He is so catered to there with movies, toys, magic tricks etc, he constantly asks me if its time to go back! I'm a firm believer that if you start kids off with a positive Dental/doctor experience they wont hesitate to go back. *hugss*