Friday, December 3, 2010

Don't Pause

A while ago I was in the city and stopped
in a diner for lunch with my friend.
When I exited the micro-restroom
I saw a man in a booth alone way in the back
by the bathrooms. I could tell he was poor,
homeless. He was totally bundled up in an old
coat. What got me was that he had an English
muffin and he was putting as much butter as he
could get onto that thing.
My hand went down to my pocket where there
was a $20....
I paused....
and did nothing...
Take my advice
Don't pause, just do it.

3 comments:

Sultan said...

Good post.

I don't give money much any more but I believe strongly in feeding people. So usually in that situation I will go ahead and buy the guy some food. At least I will then know he had been fed that day.

Seeking Serenity said...

I thought about sending over a plate of breakfast for him
but......

Admiral Hestorb said...

You still did something, sweet girl. Many would not. You and Loach both are good people.