Friday, October 15, 2010

Whoosh

WhOooOsh! Such a windy day here!
Yesterday I went to an elder family friend for a tech house call.
Brought my mom along.
The day comprised of entering 10 phone numbers into her home phone.
A teaching session on her Mac with her camera.
Building a fire in her fireplace as the one in there was choking us out.
A discussion on lowering her phone bill by lowering her internet speed.
Using the money saved there to buy a pay as you go cell phone.
All the while my eyes burning from the house full of smoke :P
Anyways it went well. She has been taking my mom out once a week.
Today I took care of things that bug me, like
why do they put a hem on the bottom of a plastic shower curtain? All it does is get icky. So I cut it off and washed the curtain-it's opaque with bamboo. Also I put away my short-sleeved t-shirts and brought out my long-sleeved ones, and changed my sheets for nice crispy clean ones.
Feeling content.

2 comments:

Admiral Hestorb said...

Good. Nothing like clean sheets (Missy will enjoy them long before I get to lay down!!!) but fresh new sheets..the faint scent of soap..ah...a book, a cat and what;s not to like.

Thank you for that comment about Robin and ANGELS. She was an angel. I could write a book about her and how smart she was. And this angel now..oh my goodness, I have never had such trust and love. How can you not love a precious being who loves and trusts you?

(unless it's v-e-t day!)

Haphazardkat said...

your kindness is so palpable it reaches across this strange blogland and warms the corners of my home.
I too, have missed you.