Sunday, October 17, 2010

Not Turning On Heat

Everyone I know who lives in a home,
even elderly ones, are not turning on their heat.
It is just so very sad for me to hear of these people miserable and cold because they cannot afford the basics.
All you want to do is hide under the covers when you are cold like that!
I am also mortified that for the second year in a row they are not raising S.S. payment to keep up with the cost of living- because the price of juice and milk have gone down-LOL I swear that's what they said on the news.
The real reasons would scare the crap out of us I am sure.
Meanwhile, as our medical bills go up Medicare covers less.
Even the rent in HUD housing here is about to go through the roof...
Of course the price is better than 'out there' which is why I am afraid to think of ever moving out or losing this place..
My mom has NO idea how 'lucky' she is to have gotten in here.
Heat included.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Hello Peaceful and thanks for following my blog.

I'm not sure where you live, but sure hope it's not in the northern tier of states. Take care and keep warm.

Admiral Hestorb said...

Yes, the state of people with low or no income is frightening and sometimes dangerous. And always uncomfortable.