Asus Eee 1015 Hardrive replaced with SSD (Solid State) drive.
At this time Maverick Meerkat had no USB iso, so I had to download the Ubuntu netbook USB version I could get.
While that was downloading I removed the battery and began to undo the plastic clips and screws to remove the keyboard. I used an old credit card and a wooden chopstick to do this. This was very tedious and slow being careful not to break the plastic.
Keyboard off ^
New and old hard drives...What the? A dragon is protecting my Asus!
Me working-
Ubunto netbook edition before update to Meerkat.
After Meerkat I can have FOUR screens on a 10 inch desktop!!!
Beautiful clean desktop. SO quick to boot!!
It is SO strange not to hear the whirr of a hard drive spinning up anymore- It is so quiet and with Linux it boots in seconds. And I don't have to worry about knocking or bumping it now that it has a Solid State Hard drive.
6 comments:
My brother has a sony with a ssd drive that he deeply loves. I have hard drive envy.
I will ask my oldest about this. He would know. By the way, LOVE your screen there.
I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.
God Bless You
~Ron
very cool and LOVE the guardian dragon!! :D
WOWIE.. I have computer tech envy too..you are amazing! TALK about tedious.. whoo no wonder those guys cost so much.. Enjoy!!
Been reading this, your other blog and, being a fellow Ubuntu user, had to stop and comment here. I'm not geeky enough to dare to use any version beyond the current LTS one. Which means I'll stick with Lucid for awhile. :)
Post a Comment