Today I went to the old house to earn some much needed money.
$50 to do the floors.
My dear kitty Owen got up with his sleepy head after I called...
I watered my plants I had left behind and took care of the cat's needs that I
left behind. Litter box, food, water, brushing...Found an injury/ scab by his eye..
His hair was greasy and he smelled like a dog....
My water garden was sinful- just disgusting. All the years of work I put into
it and it is full of leaves & dead grass. Amongst this was the eggs of frogs & salamanders
that I had shown this 'Eden' and had trusted me to return. Now unkempt.
He had left me $100 so instead of leaving change, I went & bought litter,2 gallons of water,dry and canned food.
Owen seemed depressed so I took him out on the leash-he hadn't been on it for months but he lifted his paw & let me put it on. He just went out & sat under the trees- I guess he is so used to just being alone. After I brought him in he just lie with his head on the floor-He knew I would be leaving.
Nothing like the joyous walks I have with Myst.
The pain I feel isn't as raw as it was in the begining, but the pain of loss of a
relationship & home is still ..well...
my heart still hurts.
2 comments:
Why can't you just take Owen? Also, is this still house-sitting? If so, how long has he been gone?!
nooo, went to houseclean...
yes I would love to- but I can only have one cat her in my 'micro-efficiancy"
Post a Comment