Friday, March 21, 2008

Prayer Flags

I have always believed in the power of prayer...
NOT organized religion- that concept screwed up my life.
But prayer has had been very powerful- well,
I know that there are things we do not understand or see
that definitely exist. And I have experienced the power of
the collective conscience.
Anyways, I have always believed in the ancient ritual of 'carrying'
of prayer with smoke or flags blowing in the wind.
I never did it before, mostly because I was with others who
prevented me.
But today I bought a string of prayer flags.
I hung them up to send out prayers to those residents below,
and to remind me to pray for people in my life.
What I would like to do is to send each of my sisters one & have them
and their kids draw on it representations of themselves & symbols
for me to hang for them.
I bought my step son the book "The best Buddhist writing 2007 "
I think I want it for myself- what I read was very good.

No comments: