Friday, January 18, 2008

Home Again

I feel like giving my apartment a big hug.
My cat is sleeping and letting her neurons digest the last week.
I was thinking while I was there about how the threads of abuse strangely
knit thier way of control throughout ones life...
I was, am, angry and amazed at how I still am being controlled by this man.
Like a zombie I obey... like with my mother, my father... to keep the peace..
"yes master"
Always keeping my mouth shut, always showing no emotion.
Always kind, Always Obiediant ...
Whatever the one in authority wants or needs, I will provide.
Even at the loss of my beliefs, my spirit, my soul.

I must - I MUST break this -

2 comments:

The Darker Side said...

Wow - so, no, I was NOT abused as a child..... I grew up in a strict house - but I wouldn't call it abusive. But I learned ALL the same things you did..... every single one of them. How to obey, how to take care of and be responsible for everyone and everything and do it with no tears and my mouth shut! Um........and I guess I'm still doing that too.... Hum......maybe we met for a reason?
Dragonsister

E. McPan said...

Yay - I can finally comment!!! Welcome to the neighborhood. :)