I read somewhere that it takes way longer than usual to get off this drug-
like 90 days , so i could still be going through withdrawal.
its hard to tell when you feel like you are being bashed around
under the waves of life.
I dont think I am having symptoms anymore though, which is good!
I have some energy back so its back to getting rid of my clutter.
One video i watched spoke about something i deal with when it comes
to all these possessions and why i keep them...
She spoke of what your possessions say to you-
my exercise bike chastised me for what an expensive well made bike
it was and how I used to ride it every day.
my airconditioner cost 300.00 , my 100.00 nikes i never wore etc.
The items spoke of the money i wasted.
Then she spoke of letting go of our 'fantasy' self.
the person you imagined you were going to be when you bought stuff.
I was going to be the motorcycle girl, knitter, the doll maker, the quilter, the hiker, the
Boho hippy woman, the stylish thin woman, ...
OMG SO many things.
I constantly change the hobbies or person I want to be , do it for a while and
then have to get rid of everything.
I also have things from my father i need to pass on.
People talk about "death cleaning" = getting rid of your crap now so people
dont have to deal with it when you pass. I am now of the age to do it for
that reason too.
and so i sit here wasting another morning away lol
perhaps what I need to do is focus on the items i have enjoyed through the
decades - I like antiques.
I only have a few items as favorite so thats good right?
Give yourself permission to unburden without guilt.
2 comments:
I know it must feel good to get off a medication. Every little bit helps!
I think my problem with downsizing and de-cluttering is time. Most of my time is spent outside doing garden and homestead projects, or inside doing kitchen and canning projects, or writing. Those things will pretty much always be my priority, so there never seems to be enough time for other useful pursuits.
I declutter fairly often. But it comes back. Not as badly but...I have to rally keep a rein on myself.
Post a Comment