Saturday, March 28, 2020

Day 21

Of self quarantine.
Destinations for pleasure or shopping have all closed or shortened hours.
Still no paper products or cleaning products to be found anywhere.
Finally most people here are wearing masks and gloves and staying ondoors.
I think it took having a COVID positive person found here to wake
people up.
Unfortunately for the elderly here the little grocery store closed yesterday.
I am glad they thought of their own safety and left... either that or they
have someone who is sick? who knows.
So between that and the bus stop shut I am living in quiet heaven!
No BANG of the bus room door below me,
no screaming WAIT !! HOLD THE BUS !! as they run out of the store.
No neighborhood gang hanging out waiting for it outside my window.
No tons of cars and delivery trucks under my window for the store.
No parade of people for the elevators from the bus.

It is so quiet.
Until you go to the store.
I see some masks, but not everyone. If i didnt have one i would use a scarf .
My neighbor who has been going for chemo asked if I wanted some of her
custard bread pudding - OMG how i wanted it. But i politely declined
not telling her the real reason because she would have been insulted.

All packages are sprayed with windex
Outdoor shoes left at door and sprayed. Grocery cart wheels sprayed.

As we came in from grocery yesterday
there were multiple gun shots across the street.


4 comments:

Katie Isabella said...

Does your neighbor who offered the bread pudding have the virus?



Seeking Serenity said...

Her daughter came and took her to stay with her. Good thing too! this place is having more covid positive residents

dellgirl said...

Wishing You a Happy & Blessed Weekend! Be safe, dear friend!

dellgirl said...

I’m just saying hi, stopping back by to check on you and to let you know I’m thinking of you. I hope you had a good week and all is well with you. Wishing you a wonderful and Blessed Sunday! Stay Safe, my friend