Sunday, December 30, 2018

Life Path and a Brown Bat

I was on a walk the other day
it was cold in the upper 30's to low 40F
I was thinking that I felt like my life path had weeds growing over it
and I sent out a request for a chance to do a small
act of kindness. Just a small one because I realize I am still
in the middle of a mission with mom.
I came upon what I assumed was a dead bat sticking out
from the bottom of a stonewall by the walkway.
I had the choice to walk on by
but I gently poked it with my cane
.... it moved.
AWW poor thing is freezing out here and should be hibernating!
I went straight back to apartment to computer to look up
what to do.
My boyfriend found a number for a licenced bat rehabilitator.
The man actually returned my call right away!
He was close by!!!
Scott told me to put it in a box and not to touch it and meet
him in 20 minutes at the drugstore parking lot.

It was a female Large Brown Bat



















Poor frozen thing

Scott looking her over - Rawrr LOL!




















I hope she is doing well

4 comments:

Katie Isabella said...

Oh me too. Is there any way to follow through Jade? Perhaps ask the man soon how she is?

Katie Isabella said...

And many thanks for doing that. Many many.

Leigh said...

I didn't even know there was such a thing as a bat rehabilitator, and here you had one close by when you needed one! Amazing!

dellgirl said...

This is very interesting. I'm just stopping by to wish you a Happy New Year! I hope you have the BEST year EVER!