so, the sister that wanted to arrest her sibling
asked that same sister for money.
yeahhh crazy.
Of course it was like kicking the bee's nest.
I texted her to cut off communication once again.
( but i admit, here i am in contact with this one again )
crap - i just have to get away!!!
These days it is SO HARD to run away.
Contact of some sort always seems to weasel its way.
I have been blocking and blocking
but i am afraid of one day there will be a knock on my door
and my mind will run away again.
Please no....
I am trying SO hard to heal my mind.
now she wants contact with me ðŸ˜
3 comments:
If I answered your post title with one word, I would say NO.
Everyone's experience is different, but in my experience, family is NOT worth the trouble. I suffered for the first 38 years of my life dealing with family. Mine were abusive, vindictive and downright nasty. But I had that sense of obligation and the feeling that "can't beat 'em, join 'em"...and the guilt that was poured on me if I didn't attend weekly Sunday dinners...which was ironic because I was guilted into coming, yet emotionally assaulted once I got there.
Anyway, in 2006, I decided enough was enough. I had to put ME first. I went to extremes, which was the only way I could do it. I legally changed my first and last names (it was $$$ here in Canada, and took 2 years); then when it was final, I had to change all of my I.D.'s including school records and birth certificate. Then I packed up and moved 1200 km away and cut everyone off. Changed my phone number, left no forwarding address. I had to cut out my friends as well to keep myself protected.
I won't deny it was tough. They are family. But it was such a relief at the same time. I had moments where I wanted to be in touch with some friends, but couldn't because they were in touch with a sister.
In 2011 a sister died (I honestly had zero reaction) and the family actually found me using a private detective!!! Why? They wanted me to share the burden of her debt...lol...not because they wanted to see me! That was the last straw. I got a lawyer to send them a cease and desist order and that was the end of it!
I've had peace from them for the last 6 years and they finally got the message.
Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to offer support and let you know it CAN be done...but you need to commit to doing it completely. I'm not saying you need to do what I did, but you have to be tough about it, because it's YOUR life and you DESERVE happiness and peace of mind.
I miss one of my sisters, but I flippantly say she was collateral damage because if I kept in touch with her, I would never have gotten out.
What a shame when one's own family members are so counterproductive to healthy relationships. :( I had to stay away from my own mom for that very reason.
Do what YOU know is best Jade!
Post a Comment