Since I was a kid my favorite place to be is in the woods of
New England. One of the best environments there is the swamp.
I would sit quietly for hours as the wildlife resumed its singing
croaking, swimming and flying around me...
So many wonderful things I saw those days.
Last week we found a very long boardwalk through a swamp
and I was in heaven.... almost.
You see, there was no croaking or singing or flying...
There were a couple frogs but this is the second walk this season
that was silent unlike last year.
In my opinion it is the mosquito spraying.
This day I saw a Scarlet Tanager and a Short Tailed Weasel.





3 comments:
What a beautiful walk. I used to live in the Appalachians in Quebec and we had an area similar that had a long boardwalk through swamps, I loved it.
I LOVE that idea! I would be there all the time with the camera. When I got into the wetlands here, I was full of chiggers on my legs as a reward! The itching was intense. However, the beauty and some of the pictures were worth it.
Wow OH WOW, this is absolutely beautiful. It is so peaceful and serene, I can feel it all the way over here in Houston. Love, love, love this. Thanks for sharing this, it makes my heart sing with joy!
Post a Comment