a loud Bang then a small woman's distressed
"Ooooo! Ooohhh help..... oooo help somebody "
Oooooooo.......
I stood for a second because i was still half asleep
then went out the door and up the stairs.
I knocked on her metal door asking "Are you alright??"
Ooo...ohhh..... WHO IS IT ?! " (wut?)
"Are you alright? I am from downstairs "
( so funny that even in her distress she demanded to know who it was)
she crawled over and unlocked the door and I opened it.
There she was sitting on the floor
blood all over her clothes and face.
I asked if she wanted me to call ambulance and she said
No just get me the phone, my brother is upstairs.
She hit a button and handed me the phone- busy sound.
I realized I had no idea how to operate a landline anymore as I
tried to disconnect.
She told me to go upstairs, so I gave her a roll of papertowels and
went upstairs to bang on his door.
No answer.
By the time I made it back down to her place
his scooter was outside her door.
I opened the door without knocking to find him picking up trash from
the floor and saying
"You people just gotta relax , she's FINE ! "
She called out to him that I was from downstairs ( I am not "you people")
She called out to him that I was from downstairs ( I am not "you people")
and I left.
Personally, I felt that even though he was her brother
I didnt think that he was doing the correct thing for her.
But I do understand that when you are old, any little thing will cause you
to lose your home.
(I didnt get much sleep that night repeatedly seeing that blood over and over)
1 comment:
Sorry you had to go through that with the brother when you were caring enough to try to help. I hope you found a way to get over the feeling that must have left you with. I hope you didn't let it stress you out too much.
I will keep you (and your neighbors) in my prayers. I hope you have a nice weekend.
Post a Comment