People who walked along talking or yelling to themselves
were considered to be mentally unwell.
No parent at any time picked their child up from the bus stop.
(Why are children being dropped off at home?
why are parents sitting in car 50ft from house for them?)
Neanderthals were dumb as a rock.
Animals, fish, plants and children were not considered to be
worthy.
Let me add women to that.
They are all dumb and feel nothing.
There were no other galaxies or planetary system than ours.
The dinosaurs vanished in the blink of an eye.
they were dumb and slow.
Now a days Everyone is yelling and talking out loud to 'no one'.
Or listening to music - headphones in, barely aware of you.
It is common for a cashier to not acknowledge you at all.
People dont want to be acknowledged anymore-
we use automatic meal dispensers
and self checkouts .
Instead of saying "excuse me" people just stand there staring at you
getting more and more angry
until you finally see them standing there!
Instead of using car blinker they get more and more angry
that no one will let them move over.
This post was brought about because of what happened to me yesterday:
I brought my grocery cart to
an empty lane and asked the lady with the spray bottle if it was open.
Not looking at me she muttered to herself (not me) " I'm cleaning my station .."
I put my items on the belt and said "good morning"
she never looked at me checking my things through..........
Then she muttered to herself " I'm with someone" (or something like that)
Oh my god. She was on the PHONE !
I couldnt see the phone or mic. but this is why she wasnt
"There" - she was listening to someone talking.
SO freaking bizarre.
3 comments:
My sentiments exactly. I'm so sick of the modern era...really I am. Yes, I do appreciate the internet, look, I'm typing away and enjoying reading people's blogs. But it's the people and how they have "adjusted" to the modern age that make me want to continue life as the hermit I'm meant to be! Impatience, anger, need for speed, immediate gratification or no gratification at all, heads down staring like zombies on smart phones, and those same phones glued to the ears with those goofy blue tooth devices meant to make the person feel somehow superior, lol...and worse, the mentality of throw it out it's replaceable, do what you want, say what you want, act like you want because nobody cares anyway...ugh.
It's a weird world. If someone had done this as a science fiction movie we never would have believed it!
I totally agree with everything you've said, it's SAD! Everywhere you look everybody is on some sort of electronic device. It's like nobody wants to interact in person anymore. Sad, sad, sad!!!
Just saying hi, stopping in to see what's new with you and to show my face. I wish you a great week ahead.
Post a Comment