Saturday, August 20, 2016

Stepson

I have not had a chance to get to know my stepson as an adult
since I left his father around ten years ago.
So many things happened in his life that I knew of from
social networks but hearing from him what was going on
behind the scene really brought it home.
college, engagement, marriage, house, baby
mingled with fights with his father, death of a young aunt,
therapy for his anger issues. wow !
we spoke about everything.
 About his mother and his issues with
her, how he found out in therapy that his father is a true
narcissist (uh, ya) - and the tools the therapist gave him
to deal with the self-defeating voice in his head due
to living with parents who are self-centered.
Oh what a wonderful " meaty " conversation we had !

Speaking of meaty, our lunch consisted of
tatertots smothered in velveta and sour cream (yikes)
He had a 9 oz burger with bluecheese and bacon
and I had pork ribs.
Oh and craft beer.
lord seeing this written out it is really a cardiac waiting
to happen - ah well, it was terrific .

The one feeling I got from him during the conversation
was one of deep appreciation.
maybe this makes the years of suffering
 with his father worth it.

1 comment:

Katie Isabella said...

WE never ever know most times the effect we have on others. xox