my whole life.
I have forgiven one member countless times for being
"inconsiderate" to put it nicely.
I always forgave her for forgetting important meetings, dates,
showing up hours late, not helping with my parents...
But this time I cannot and will not .
Each time I have been polite, this last time I have been polite.
She does not deserve it.
I have to live with the guilt of my father calling repeatedly wanting
the checkbook and me replying she had it. I would ask her politely
for it and accept her brush off.
I cannot reverse the past, but I can do the next best thing.
Each time I forgave her it felt like I was taking scissors
and clipping my flight feathers.
This was the worst offence and she blasted me.
I politely apologized because there is a funeral in the future,
but it is -
Time to end it.
My other siblings are living in a strange
dream-state full of rainbows and cotton candy...
I may end up doing the same with them,
the burden of familial mental illness is too much to bare.
Yes, I know I am part of that same family
But somehow I have got to save myself.
2 comments:
I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time. I wish I had the words to make it better. There is the old saying, "If you're going through hell, keep going!"
I hope one day you can bring yourself to forgive her. Not because she deserves it, but because you do.
ONE DAY AT A TIME.. plow through it and YES you have to SAVE YOURSELF!! Do what you can and know is right. I agree. Hugs to you I know all this is overwhelming. <3
Post a Comment