Thursday, April 21, 2016

My Brother

My brother is ten years older than I and left home at eighteen.
I felt a deep deep connection to him that was never reciprocated.
Actually he was a very angry kid.
The feeling I have goes beyond this life and sometimes as adults
I would try to convey this.
Well, he is now going through a major life overhaul.
He has left his wife and begun to get rid of most of his possessions.
From the amount of possessions he talks about I would say he is
was (?) a hoarder. He left a nice home and is now in a
warehouse (mostly because of all that stuff).

Finally, he has acknowledged our "connection" of which he
said he has felt also but couldnt define.
Approximately a year ago he said something
extraordinary happened.....
He had a woman one day who he knew forty years ago
get out of her car and walk towards him saying
"Are we OK ?? " - she doesnt know why she said that or why
she suddenly went there. He didnt even recognize her at first
and wondered who this nut was walking over to him asking
that strange question.

It was the beginning.

His entire life and belief system is being overhauled
broken down and rebuilding in a wonderful way.
The excited phone call I got brought me such joy.
Oh, it is painful, but his eyes have been opened to what life is
and that knowledge is stronger than fear.







2 comments:

dellgirl said...

What an interesting story, thank you for sharing this with us. I like that it has a happy ending, don't you? I just stopped by to say hi and to see how things are going with you. Have a good week.

Katie Isabella said...

I loved reading this joyful event. I hope the two of you will be closer now. My remaining brother is 10 years older than me as well. xo