My sister visited with my niece and nephew (in their twenties.)
The "kids" had a blow up so I had my nephew ride in the car with me back to
mother's apartment.
It was nice to have time alone to get to know him.
He said of all his relatives he identified with me the most and wondered if
I knew that. I replied that I didn't and really hadn't gotten to know him
or what he thought of me at all.
Then we had conversations about beliefs and other issues, like how
my siblings are still struggling with the past and how I dealt with it
and still do to a lesser amount now.
Not sure why, but this visit with him was much better than past times
where he just seemed to avoid everything and everyone...
Maybe it is because he had a big blow up fight with his sister and mother
and then I provided an out.
He was able to express to me that conditions at his mother's are appalling.
also, we were able to reveal to eachother our inability to talk to them
because their deep seated religious beliefs get thrown in our faces
stifling any attempt at deep conversation.
I plan on keeping in contact .
1 comment:
My dear friend. I wish I were there to talk and do things with you...walks and so on.
Post a Comment