Saw my friend yesterday.
Her husband has been in hospice a week
and she has been sleeping there.
I didn't recognize her at first, she had on sunglasses,
but then quickly gave her a tight hug...
She choked her tears back, I let out a muffled 'shit'.....
His downfall has been so quick,
she said it was because his body was healthy so
he looks fine, but it is shutting down.
His brain just quit.
This, after finding mother in nuttyville
"packing" to leave was a bit much to bear.
I was trying to remove her bedsheets to wash, and she was saying
to take the mattress too- Huh ?
She didnt want to leave it behind because she was moving
out... ohhh.... ugh not again.
I held her for a bit, reassuring her she isnt moving
until the obsession subsided,
then put on some Neil Diamond.
crap, klondike bar in the dresser drawer....
sigh...
omg I just read my friends husband died.
2 comments:
Lifes really REALLY bad bad moments. By the way, Beth Marie passed away yesterday morning about 0930.
xxoo
Girl. Here is a HUGE loving hug from far away. But the thought sending it is sincere and pure.
Post a Comment