Sunday, December 1, 2013

Birds

It is the first of December and there were a bunch of Robins
and house sparrows chirping and singing out there this
morning, so nice !
Yesterday while walking about with mother I took her
up to the fifteenth floor to look at the view.
Down on the ground level I saw a bunch of pigeons take off.
Soon after I saw a Cooopers hawk fly by with a sparrow in
it's talons. It was brown to match the drab colors of winter
here but I was able to see the narrow tail, tail stripes,
 and small size to identify it.
So neat to witness these things that no one notices...
I finally finished a sweater from a wool sock
 for the doll I made, Jack.
.

2 comments:

Sultan said...

I always feel sad about the birds in the winter and wonder how they can muddle through the cold and ice.

Ramblingon said...

The dolls are adorable, Jade. I love seeing them.