Sunday, May 26, 2013

Thinking again of a childhood doll I threw away in a moment of adult
bad memories.
Her name was "Dolly" and she looked sort of like this
except she had hands with a thumb to suck and one curl of hair.




































Strange how as one ages we want everything back.
But I did save two other dolls-
My Chatty Cathy and a rare vinyl Hummel girl,  both
got washed yesterday.

2 comments:

Ramblingon said...

I have two board games..not all of the pieces though, left over. That's about it. I kept much more but when I went overseas for so long a time, my Dad in whose attic they were stored, pitched them. Not meanly..just he figured they were out worn and out dated and why would I as a married young woman want them. He also threw out all of my comic books. That like to have KILLED me.

Diane J Standiford said...

Only had one doll my entire life-Chatty Cathy, and my older brother broke it after two days. I still have my first hard cover books and a stuffed dog.