Saturday, February 16, 2013

Blizzard 2013 turned out to be much worse than the blizzard of 1978.
It has been a week since the storm and the amount of snow on the main streets is astounding.
Four lane major streets are still reduced to two lanes with patience trying traffic back-ups.
I have been seeing the largest pay-loader machines I have ever seen in my life!
Parades of dumptrucks full of snow rumbling by.

The meteor that blasted Russia yesterday was a real eyeopener.
At ten tons it was tiny traveling 40,000mph it exploded in a flash
 brighter than the sun,sending multiple sonic booms. Thousands were injured
mostly by flying glass as they looked out to see what caused the flash.
I truly wonder what would have happened if it hit back in December
 when everyone was looking for world disaster.
Lately everything that was called a "one hundred year" has been happening.
Between floods, snow, asteroids,meteors, warmth, cold, you name it.
I think back to when the earth's land masses were moving
and changing - I used to wonder what humans thought.
Now I know.
 Ranging from fear, to wow neat what a planet.

2 comments:

Sultan said...

Humans are notoriously bad at gaging risk.

The blizzard in 1978 was quite bad. My fairly was stuck on our block for a week.

E. McPan said...

Glad to hear you are okay!