Thursday, November 15, 2012

I would so gladly hire someone to go through my things
and sell them for me.
Every year I lose my need for things I used to be attached to.
Every year I look in the boxes of paper wrapped things
and think of how they are not ever going to
be used.
They are antiques and I am afraid every year their value is
actually going down because of the economy.
.............................................

Seeing what happened to my parents,
what I see happen to the elderly around me.
All their things get taken away.
Their surroundings get smaller and smaller.
It makes me not want to buy anything that I might
get attached to.
Like my new doll family...
what will happen to them ?
Speaking about them , I adopted someones boy today.
He is an example of what happens when life turns
and you have to sell something precious to you.

1 comment:

manders said...

i would not be the person to hire. i have a very hard time parting with anything remotely sentimental. hence the boxes of mementos i have shoved in closets.