Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Back To Specialist

Had an appointment with my eye dr and after looking
and looking in there he declared he wanted me to  return
 to the eye center immediately.
Oh man! So after some initial confusion my anam cara came
down and drove me over.
I told my story about my last visit with this Dr. and how he made me angry
blowing off my loss of vision to the woman who took my info. in the room.
She told me to make myself heard this time and not leave unless I was satisfied.
Well, I guessed the resident saw something because after he reported his findings to the Dr. I was sent to get an Optical coherence tomography of my Macula.
It was pretty cool and the guy was so nice and let me see the pictures-
My reaction was "HOLY SHIT! that;s inflamed!"
 and then asked if I could have a copy.
Hey, science is cool.
This is not mine but shows how your macula is supposed to be flat
Mine goes up like a volcano.



















The Dr. then asked if I would allow a steroid injection.
I agreed saying that I read that was what is next to do,
 and had been preparing myself for it.
He numbed my eye and had me look hard to the right.
The injection barely goes into the conjunctiva at the eyelid.
It was nothing.
Vision loss is a real risk with Macular Edema.
Oh, and I now have cataracts starting in both eyes.
Time to get sewing !!!

4 comments:

Katie Isabella said...

Oh JADE for pete SAKES!!! Thank goodness you now KNOW and were prepared, (((HUGS)))

E. McPan said...

Goodness! I'm glad it's being taken care of. Can you notice a difference yet?

CAROLDEE said...

WOW you are right that photo is scary glad they know now and how to deal with it safely. Hope you see some improvement. Cataracts are easily taken care of most times now days. Mom had hers done and WOW she could see stuff that none of the rest of us could. AMAZING..hope you are seeing better now. Take care :-)

Haphazardkat said...

wow...just....wow.