I know it isn't a popular view these days,
but ever since quitting pot
as a teen I find myself extremely against it's recreational use.
I find myself doing a 180 if I find out that an acquaintance is
using and feeling a strong negative judgmental attitude come over me.
I try so hard not to judge people, mostly because everything
that I have questioned about anyone, I have lately,
ended up doing myself !
My messy apartment is a testimony to this.
My smoking.
My procrastination.
Not taking care of my car.
Gaining weight.
These are all things I have questioned in my head of others,
and yet now I am guilty of all and more.
It's like when I learned about chronic pain, and the disabled
whether visible or invisible disabilities, when I suffered the same.
Learning not to judge, not even in your head.
I do have one last one though...
walking in public in your pajama bottoms and slippers.
If I do that, there is something seriously wrong with me LoL!
1 comment:
Comment on first paragraph.
For years, I felt the same way as you about pot... And then people close to me used it.. And showed me why they do. And showed me viable research on why. I did some of my own research on the myths that we have been told. I found that many (not all) were exactly that - myths. Although I still do not use anything but coffee recreationally - I have revised my stand on recreational pot use.
Comment on entire post...
As we grow older, I think we grow more - and learn to truly practice the words of an early 70's song by Joe South '...and before you accuse, criticize and abuse - Walk A Mile In My Shoes'.
:)
Post a Comment