I made some wonderful friends in the online game of Myst.
Most are around my age and from all over the world.
On Sundays one group meets sometimes for what they call
"compassion and healing" where we can share things that are troubling us and "toss our cares into the fire". The other Sundays there is "meditation" where the leader speaks calmly and plays relaxing music. I like to go to these meetings in the game "Second Life" just because my avatar-player is more customizable. They have them in both games at the same time.
Anyways, I start to feel better as soon as I arrive, I feel safe and welcome.
Amazing things can happen in these 'games'...
I was amazed to hear of a guy who leads a church group in SL speaking of how he had helped a suicidal young man- you just never know the pain that can be behind an avatar...
People who do not play these 'games' cannot truly understand how uplifting they can be- I read about people with disabilities living a life of freedom there- you can run around and explore, go to classes, fly a plane, sail a boat- whatever! Some choose to customize their avatar to have their disability and get together with others of the same - I find Second Life to be amazing.
1 comment:
thats very cool, Jadey :) I remember a time in my life where I was in chat groups all the time. It was like you said, an escape...it felt extremely real I think because people are free-er behind an anonymity. I develeped very close friendships there.
Post a Comment