Wednesday, February 29, 2012

BJD For Jadey

This is so  unlike me I think, but I have ordered my first doll.
As a child I would peer at other's playing with them and kind of want that interaction. I had my sister's trolls which I would bring into the woods with me and have them romp on islands of moss and make them clothes. I remember wanting what I think was an "american doll" back in the 60-70's but it was way too expensive.
My first sighting of a ball jointed doll was on flicker.
 This girl would photo them in amazing realistic poses.
 Man, I wanted one but again money got in the way.
Then I saw one online for half the cost and I did it, omg I hit the buy button!
A ball jointed doll has multiple ball joints all over it's body and is completely customisable. You can repaint it's face, replace eyes and hair. I do not plan on this, but I am dreaming of clothes to make.
SO bizarre for me to share this, but there it is.
Picture from the internet of her.
What do you think of the name Kerrith?

2 comments:

Katie Isabella said...

Kerrith...hm....nice..not feminine and not masculine either.

Haphazardkat said...

she is so real looking!