You guys might think this is weird or uncomfortable, but for me it isn't.
I have been getting information together about where to bury my fathers ashes after he passes. I know that this is the easy part and actually dealing with someone being in the hospital or failing is another matter entirely- But this is something I can do now.
I found the only veterans cemetery in this state and called them for info- the gov. will pay for everything,even a stone. I have a letter all typed up ready to send to reserve a place. I called and got the forms for the future "Military Honors" where they do a little ceremony, and you can even get a flag from the post office for this ( I haven't done that yet)
One sister is helping me pick out an urn.
She finds it difficult to talk about, so I am thankful for anything.
I hate the military ones, and they don't represent his love of nature and flying.
My sister found a beautiful inlay wood one with mountains and an eagle.
I have to admit something-
I am doing this for family. I really dont have any interest in ceremonies for the passed. But him being a veteran makes it different somehow. Back in the day he said he just wanted to be dispersed naturally, I had no problem with that...
But sometimes you just have to do the honorable thing.
http://www.perfectmemorials.com/soaring-eagle-wood-cremation-urn-p-9829.html
Or one that mementos can be put into-
http://www.inthelighturns.com/memorials/titan-ocean-blue-urn-keepsake.html
1 comment:
My parents left this world too early and they are buried in cemetery plots. Me, no idea what the sons will do but I won't be there in a manner of speaking so it qon't really matter.
Thank you so much Jade for the comfort and care you have left me after my dear heart companion Admiral passed away. It is still extrememly difficult and will remain so but I was fortunate to have her 14 years.
xox
Post a Comment