Wednesday, November 2, 2011

CO storm killer

I am extremely saddened by 187 in the hospital
for CO poisoning and somewhere around 22(?)
have died. The storm is long gone but the devastation
continues...
I cannot imagine someone not thinking correctly and
going out in the garage to charge their phone in the car and being poisoned. Or thinking that your generator is properly connected to ventilate and in the night the exhaust cracks.
Hundreds of thousands still without power and 20's at night. Power not expected for all until the weekend.

You know what's interesting?
My mother understands that the state has no power- my father does not. I guess it is because she watches tv.

6 comments:

Haphazardkat said...

the cold has begun here. I wore my winter coat 2 days now, this is very early for Washington!

GreatGranny said...

Sorry to hear this. Folks are desperate and just don't think of the consequences.
I'm glad your Mom is alert enough to realize the problem of having no power.

Mildred Ratched said...

I'm really hoping this isn't an indication of what the winter is going to be like. The power outages remind me of those that accur here during and after a hurricane. Sometimes we are without power for weeks depending on the severity of ther storm. Being without power at anytime of the year is hard, but I can't imagine what it's like during the winter.

Haphazardkat said...

I'm hiding in your comment box...snuggled in my hello kitty blanket.
I do not want to face today...

Admiral Hestorb said...

What a tragedy. Hard to think that things could stay so bad for so long but they are.

Leigh said...

Good grief. I don't watch TV so I am one who did not know this! It is heartbreaking that so many died so needlessly.

Hey Haphazardkat! My word verification is "hides."