There is a waitress who waits the table at the diner I take my dad.
She usually puts on a very strange over the top act of high voiced
posed hands and fake "cheer".
It would grate on my nerves.
One, because I hate fake, and two,
I knew she was depressed because I would see her
face and actions away from the clientele-
Heavy and overwhelmed...
Today there was no fake voice-
no hand posing...
and I saw she was making mistakes with all her clientele.
What could I do to make her feel better?
I can't run up and hug her- she'd think I was accosting her.
So, I tore a 4" square off my placemat and wrote on the back-
"Here's A (((HUG))) for you "
I think I heard genuine exclamation from her
as we went out the door
4 comments:
Making someone feel even a little better is a noble thing. Well done.
Sometimes you can hug a stranger..I have, but..it's not often and all signs have to say "go". :-)
You did a great nice thing. Proud to read it.
perfectly done :) bravo!
Post a Comment