Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Memories Pt 3

When I was a toddler my parents let a stray cat into our lives.
Her name was 'Plato'. She had kittens in a closet. Plato was a wise cat.
One day I almost drown one of her babies giving it a 'bath' outside though.
I also got in terrible trouble many times for putting string around their necks to take them for walks & they would get away.
(I grew up to work with cats & dogs, walking & grooming them.)

One day I toddled into the house and stepped on one's tail.
My brother jumped up from the couch and punched me SO hard in the stomach I lost my breath and fell to the floor. He hated me. Actually, they all did and would slam their bedroom doors in my face sending me into absolute misery crying, wondering why no one in that house liked me...
My brother was 10years older and my sisters 8 and all they and my mother saw
was that our father who has an extreme anger disorder 'liked' me more.
What they didn't know,
is that while they were away at school I was alone with a crazy angry woman who would scream and punish(nice words for what really happened) me all day- But when my father came home I would run to him, while my siblings would hide in the closet, he thought it was because I liked him- but it was because the torture would cease. Until he left for work the next day and I was left alone with her once again.

3 comments:

Admiral Hestorb said...

I wish I knew or could understand why anyone can treat a child in such a way.

Anonymous said...

I hear the words over and over from friends, etc, but I just cannot understand them. How do people do that? To someone they are supposed to love?? I cannot imagine surviving that. And for you to do all you do for your parents speaks volumes about who you are... and I know why I love you.. even though we've never met..

Haphazardkat said...

Oh Jadey. I'm so sorry and sad for the little girl you were who was not allowed to shine.
I understand the pain. You know I do.
Sending soft hugs. Many...many of them...