I was in bed almost asleep around 10:30 when my phone rang.
It was the building intercom so I didnt answer it- I'm not buzzing in some stupid stranger I thought.
Next thing you know,security is knocking at my door saying my lights are on. UGH! That means they have been on all day!
So I get dressed and go down to the parking lot.
Hm, parking lights on- I turn every knob, poke every button and they wont go off!! I dont have my glasses on and I rip open the fuse box only to find I cannot read the booklet.
Gimp back up home and grab a large screwdriver incase I need to disconnect battery, and a flashlight- And my Damn glasses.
I call security from my car because its 11pm and I am alone in the dark. I open my hood and am groping around - security tells me which fuse to yank- Success!
The next day I find it is this - A parking light switch ontop of steering column that does not signal you when they are on.
The forums rightly call it "The Battery Kill Switch"
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f88/help-i-cant-turn-off-my-parking-lights-798/
No comments:
Post a Comment